Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

 

Genre: Superhero/ Action

Time: 2h 28mins

Director:  Jon Watts

Quick Summary: With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear.


Here's a fun fact about me: this film got me into Marvel. To this day, I still never emotionally recovered from it either.

There is always something so heartbreaking about watching this Peter Parker constantly failing because of things out of his hands, no matter what he does. He's the spiderman who wants to save everyone, but can't. There are so many extreme choices he has to make throughout this and he always ends up picking the wrong one. Well, except at the end. As sad as that was, he had to make the choice he did for everyone's sake. He has is own personal troubles and constantly has to put them on hold to be a superhero, but that ends up ruining other people's lives. The poor boy can't catch a break.

This guy is literally the "I can fix them" meme. Bad guys appear out of nowhere and what does he do, wants to make them good. Do you know what bad guys are good at being? Paranoid. So of course they're going to fight Peter and try to stop him from changing them. Admittedly it was pretty funny to watch all the various villains realise that this Peter is not their Peter. I'm also always a sucker for Willem De Foe, I just love that freaky weirdo. His comeback as Green Goblin was the cherry on the cake for me while watching this. My single complaint about the villains was Dr. Connors. Absolute waste. Honestly, I think he was there just because Andrew Garfield didn't have many villains to fight and he filled in that spot. I don't think he was good in his actual film, and here he's just there for most of it.

Honestly, I don't care this is full of cameos, I love Spiderman and seeing them all in one place blew my mind. There is still a story and one consistent plot going on, so who cares there are a bunch of cameos. It swaps between silly, emotional and action-packed so smoothly. One minute we're laughing about three Spidermen, then the next we're crying about it. As for the action scenes, I remember being so shocked at how brutal they were. They're jaw-dropping and tense a lot of the time too. One especially at the end with Green Goblin; I was holding my breath. 

Sure, there are a few jokes that don’t land and the beginning holds some pacing problems but I’m still a sucker for Spiderman. The way it blends everything together is nothing short of impressive and, sure a lot is CGI but so many scenes look gorgeous throughout. It's fun and enjoyable for all. Even when I first watched this, I knew barely anything about Spiderman aside from general knowledge, I enjoyed it so much that it kickstarted my love for the Marvel Universe (Something I previous to this film hated with my entire being.) Seriously, this was my reaction

I'm assuming most people have seen this one, but I'll refrain from talking more about it as this is something that deserves to be watched with no judgment. It delivers all of what you could want for a Superhero film.


10/10


"You have a gift. You have power. And with great power, there must also come great responsibility."


"[after seeing The Lizard]

Ned Leeds: Is that a dinosaur?"


"Doctor Strange: [to Peter] The problem is you trying to live two different lives. The longer you do it, the more dangerous it becomes!"

Comments