John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

 

Genre: Action/ Thriller

Time: 2h 11mins

Director: Chad Stahelski

Quick Summary: John Wick is on the run after killing a member of the international assassins' guild, and with a $14 million price tag on his head, he is the target of hit men and women everywhere.


The first 20 minutes of this are really good and I enjoyed it a ton. I actually thought I was finally going to watch a not boring John Wick film. This time John needs to escape from the never-ending wave after wave of assassins in a city that I assume is just entirely assassins because nobody even flinches at the fact there is absolute chaos going on around them.

The stunts from start to finish were really impressive, some of them really unique and brutal and admittedly I really enjoyed watching John get slammed into 20 different glass cabinets over and over again.  The sheer unfiltered violence and constant fight for survival is super intense. Very fluid and follows the action incredibly well, especially in one scene with some dogs and we follow them around as they launch various attacks.

Personally though, after about 60 minutes I got a bit tired of the movie, As much as the action scenes are great, they get longer each Time and honestly really Boring. Also STILL they chose not to use music when doing most of the fights, so my attention was out the window for most of that. Along with this, I do remember sitting there for some of the end fights thinking damn, this fight is still going on? 

Nice to see Keanu’s acting skills haven't improved.

The plot is just meh honestly, I didn't really care too much about anything and at this point, I'm just watching them to finish them. Characters are introduced at random, randomly to help or betray. So half the time I was wondering who the hell is this new person.

If you're a fan of brainless action, then this is for you. 


5/10


Comments