Brain Dead (1990)

 

Genre: Horror/ Sci-fi

Time: 1h 25mins

Director: Adam Simon

Quick Summary: In a showdown of man versus machine, Martin plunges into a chaotic nightmare trying to save his mind from the megalomaniacal corporation.


Watched this by mistake but it's a pretty funky film

Even though I watched this film fully, I can't really describe it. It's a mess and all over the place, if you don't pay attention to every little second you will get lost and confused. A lot of the story tries to fake you out on what is happening, and even now i'm not sure what was actually true and what was made up. Think of shutter island but not as good.

You can never really tell what is going on, and I sort of liked that, I just wish there was better explanation for it.There's this creepy guy covered in blood who follows our main character around and while there is a possible explanation, it's thrown out of the window because "it might not be true." I was interested to figure out what as going on, what was what, who was who; this would have been brilliant as a mystery film and you try to put together the pieces. But the pieces we got were all from different puzzles.

Unfortunately I got very bored very quickly by this film, there was just something about it which made it dull and the constant confusion put me off. The ending for this was honestly awful too. It actually really disappointed me how awful it was. What should have been a big bang, just fizzled out. 

As far as B-Movies go, this wasn't awful. Lacked a lot in trashy and the gore, but I can say its watchable. 

5/10



Comments