Role-Play (2023)

 

Genre: Comedy/ Action

Time: 1h 41mins

Director: Thomas Vincent

Quick Summary: A young married couple's life turns upside down after secrets are revealed about each other's past.


My boyfriend predicted this before we even pressed play. That describes how predictable this was.

I feel so sorry for the actors who were handed these roles. Maybe they needed the money. I do wonder if they had gotten AI to generate the script for this as every line of dialogue seems so off almost as if it doesn't have human touches and quirks to them. It's short and direct, but not in a good way either. Nothing flows together. It's one line onto the next, even without a pause sometimes.

I have no idea what they did to poor Kaley Cuoco but they made her look so old and offputting. Her eyes looked incredibly baggy, and it really was not flattering for her. It's not something I usually comment about, but this was so distracting. 

As for the story, you could see everything from a mile away. Nothing was a surprise sadly. The issue is, this exact storyline has been done thousands of times and they did nothing to make it different. So really it became a game of who can predict what is going to happen next. 

The husband in this too is incredibly stupid and it was actually infuriating to me. With every decision he made, things got worse. You'd think he'd listen when he finds out about the hidden life of his wife, which requires a lot of training and skill. 

I am surprised I made it all the way through, but I do think I was just watching it because I didn't need to think. Sometimes you need something like this as a refresh and to relax. The action wasn't even that great or intense either. A couple of shooting matches and a handful of hand-to-hand combat pushed it to the action genre barely.

Generic and easy to watch. Your mum might like this and call it amazing. Honestly, It's nothing special at all, but if you like generic action comedy films, you might like this.

5/10


"Killing is bad. Like, unacceptably bad."

Comments