Lisa Frankenstein (2024)

 

Genre: Horror/Comedy 

Time: 1h 41mins

Director: Zelda Williams

Quick Summary: A coming of RAGE love story about a teenager and her crush, who happens to be a corpse. After a set of horrific circumstances bring him back to life, the two embark on a journey to find love, happiness - and a few missing body parts.


Freaky goth girl and her weirdo boyfriend 

Honestly, I never expected Cole Sprouse to be such a good actor when he barely even spoke. You basically get an interpretation from Lisa on what he's saying but even without that you understood. The way he reacted to things was pretty funny with the addition of grunts as you could feel his frustration with communicating.

But I didn't like This as much as I thought I was going to. Maybe it was because of all the hype I had seen for it before watching, I was set up for watching this amazing groundbreaking film. At best it was okay. It was fun and campy! I did have a good time watching it, but there were a lot of dull moments where I was just waiting for something to happen or the next big joke bit.

But then this is more silly than serious, after all, it's camp. Lisa feels very extra with her mannerisms and over-the-top, which was honestly really fun in some places because people would be talking about serious things and she'd respond in this dumb-down sarcasm with a splash of teen angst. 

I am glad this didn't have too long of a runtime because this probably would have run out of things to do, as even with it, it dwindled and then rushed through the ending. As a personal thing, I would have liked this to be more gore, as I wasn't fully sold on it being a horror. Definitely lent more towards the comedy side of things.

This was funny, but it wasn't hilarious and I think that's what let's it down a bit. I expected something I would constantly be laughing at with its dark witty humour, but it played it safe by barely pushing the jokes. Whilst I had a lot of fun watching this, it's kind of average for me.


8/10


"Lisa: When you cry it smells like a hot toilet at a carnival!"


"Lisa: Shit is transpiring."



Comments

Post a Comment