Deadpool 2 (2018)

 


Genre: Action/ Comedy

Time: 2 hours

Director:  David Leitch

Quick Summary: Foul-mouthed mutant mercenary Wade Wilson (a.k.a. Deadpool) assembles a team of fellow mutant rogues to protect a young boy with abilities from the brutal, time-traveling cyborg Cable.


Hey, who turned down the sex jokes?

I guess they favoured more silly shengiangs and visual gags over sex jokes, but honestly I don't mind. I feel like it would have been too simular to the first one if they stuck with them. It's and easy thing to do, copying the same style of jokes from a previous film because it worked, and I'm so glad they chose to mix it up. Don't get me wrong this is deftienly still stupid and over the top.

Ryan is still an absolute gem. His jokes never fail to make me laugh and I still don't think he'll get tiring while as Deadpool. He was made for this role. 

It is tough to follow up something like deadpool, especially with how golden the comedy was. This manages to indeed follow it up with even more comedy gold, but with an actually good storyline. Don't get me wrong the first had a good set-up story, but there wasn't much than "Revenge on the badguy" added into such a incredibly quick pacing.

We actually get a few different plot-lines going at once which are super easy to follow, like Deadpool trying to get through grief, save the annoying kid, Domino and her luck, Colossus trying to train Deadpool, Cabel coming from the future to save his wife and kid and just dopinder. 

One thing that absolutely ruins this film for me is the kid. I couldn't like him at all. I found him so annoying and cringey. I would actually kick this kid if I met him in real life. His backstory is supposed to be tragic, but it just comes across and whiney from this guy. Every single time the guy opened up his mouth I groaned. 

While this was almost as fun as the first, it gets a bit ruined by the kid. There's more heart shown by Deadpool Instead of throwing a funny gimmick or joke at us every five seconds which again is not a complaint, I'm just glad we get more.

9/10

Comments